Author Topic: Ford Truck 90% of Ford's world profits? ? ? ......... meeting tough emission's  (Read 3102 times)

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-16/ford-s-crown-jewel-the-f-150-has-a-big-problem-after-overhaul

Ford is scrambling because about 40 percent of its new aluminum-body F-150s don’t comply with the 2016 mandates, according to Duleep. The four-wheel-drive, 3.5-liter SuperCab –- a high-volume variation -- falls 1 mile per gallon short and emits 15 grams of CO2 per mile more than allowed, he said.

cammerfe

• View Profile
If you wade through all the BS in that article, you find out that Ford IS meeting overall standards in place for now but might have a problem in the future. They're trying to create a tempest in a teapot. We'll see what happens as they put in more effort in the future.

KS

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Agree with Ken.  The article doesn't talk about GM and Ram's current offerings, which overall are worse for fuel economy and CO2 emissions than Ford.

Everybody's in trouble with the 2025 standards...
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Katz427

• View Profile
I agree another poorly researched Bloomberg piece. The 10 speed automatic will help matters and I suspect that a hybrid platform will also hit the market. I agree with Mr. Conley the options for 2025 are few and the creative minds are working hard on that one.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
I read that too, and it was just more internet drivel with a splashy headline not backed up by the facts.  Another example of the problems with getting your news online...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

turbohunter

• View Profile
The problem with "news" these days is that most entities have pr departments that create press releases to fit the company agenda. These releases are filtered to different "news" reporting sited as factual.
It's the old Hollywood press agent scam but on a grand scale.
Kinda like our government does now. ;)
The battle for your mind is on and real.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

gdaddy01

• View Profile