Author Topic: Heads  (Read 5920 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Heads
« on: December 17, 2016, 02:16:37 PM »
In search for some rocker arm i found two heads  C7AE-A And C8AE-H
Are they boat ancors or what?

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

FElony

Re: Heads
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »

No such thing as a boat anchor FE head. Each iteration since their inception has its intended range of application, and performs well within such parameters. For people that want to deduct Huggies points for your car not having glory castings at the car show, I suggest insertion of a GhostStrike into idiot's trachea, quarter-turn either direction, exit through carotid. Hope this helps.

428Marauder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »
C8AE-H are what is currently on my 428.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »

No such thing as a boat anchor FE head. Each iteration since their inception has its intended range of application, and performs well within such parameters. For people that want to deduct Huggies points for your car not having glory castings at the car show, I suggest insertion of a GhostStrike into idiot's trachea, quarter-turn either direction, exit through carotid. Hope this helps.

I Feel......Enlightened.......

I have  one of each. If they are just ordinary run of the mill 390 heads i
throw them away.I stored them for 25 something years think thats enough
8 bolt exhaust patern no termactor holes
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:59:06 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

FElony

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »

I Feel......Enlightened.......

Good! I try to spread Holiday cheer in my own way whenever possible. And here's a link to the little stocking stuffer now:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/311740671041   I wear mine handle-down on the belt for quick engagement. Effective on "refugees", wherever they happen to be, also.

Talked to a guy in early 2000's that was running his lightened (front-halved, Lexan windows) 1967/8 Mustang fastback on the Super Street (10.90) index with a 2-tenths or so cushion. "Mid-effort" C8-H heads on a 428. It's up to you what you do with them.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 08:26:22 PM »
Much to short if i get atacked by a bear in the woods
Around here we use the Finnish Puukko and we forge
our own blades.No Ebay, The Puukko was the last thing
many Russian sentrys felt in the early forties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEte-Ne84ZQ

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 09:17:23 PM »
Gee, maybe I should start a Weapons forum...  ;D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 12:42:29 AM »
I see the finger of shame  and go stand in the corner till i can behave :-[

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »
Not at all, sorry if it came across that way.  Your video with the old lady threatening a knife in the ribs was great!
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 08:35:29 AM »
OK :)

FElony

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »
Much to short if i get atacked by a bear in the woods
Around here we use the Finnish Puukko and we forge
our own blades.No Ebay, The Puukko was the last thing
many Russian sentrys felt in the early forties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEte-Ne84ZQ

I live in the Arizona desert. I'd be less concerned seeing the ghost of Erwin Rommel tool by my house poised upon some Panzer than I would the sudden appearance of woods. Or bears.

As you know, some of the most active social spots in this state, 7 days a week, are gun stores. The better ones have sections for all kinds of interesting cutlery. After checking reviews, though, I chose the GhostStrike because it is essentially unnoticeable in T-shirt weather (8 months a year here), yet plenty lethal in close-quarter scuffles. Razor-sharp out of the box, it might even be handy for repairing radiator hoses and vacuum lines. What a bonus!

I think people get twitchier about knives than guns. Years ago I used to occasionally wear my AR-15's Buck M9 bayonet in public. People seeing that would appear to be more nervous than noticing someone's Glock or Smith. I think they "envision" a bloodier scene. Go figure.

Gee, maybe I should start a Weapons forum...  ;D

I'm down with that. Looking forward to discussions about short-blade decaps, including serrated vs. smooth edges, proper delicatessen-style blade movements (including yell-stifling entries), efficient ganglia separation, use of insects to remove organic remains (some FElony exclusives!), and why the U.S. is embarrassingly way behind the Middle East and Mexico in producing sub-10 second decap videos for Internet viewing.

We can talk about guns, too. Bang Bang! You're dead.

FERoadster

• View Profile
Re: Heads/Knives
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 06:58:13 PM »
I ended up with 25 stiches in my little finger working on a Model T hot rod shock mount in 1974. Pushing it down it rotated and the sharp edge sliced lengthwise  and right thru the tendon also lengthwise about an inch long. Most of the stiches were for the tendon. I didn't feel anything but looked down at it before the blood started. Sometimes I think an knife would have been a cleaner cut.
Just my opinion.

I won't post anything else about weapons.

Richard

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 03:11:27 AM »
Back to the heads,Can you make them performe
Or are they just for casting date matcing guys?

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 06:18:38 AM »
Back to the heads,Can you make them performe
Or are they just for casting date matcing guys?
If you had two C8 heads you would have a fair starting point.
The C7 head will have the smallest ports of any head you will find.
You could probably grind them out to be equal, but it will probably
be better to find another C8.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:05 AM »
Ok thanks