Author Topic: Dyno Don Comet Wagon  (Read 2977 times)

PinnaclePeak

• View Profile
Dyno Don Comet Wagon
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »
Hey, J Zelko 422 Motorsports;

Enjoy watching the videos of your Dyno Don Wagon.

For some history, I was a teenager in AZ when Dyno Don showed up at the 64 (?) Winter Nationals at Bee Line with his "Ugly Duckling" Comet wagon.

The mopar boys threw a fit claiming it was "unfair because it would have better weight transfer".  (The same whiners who later on moved their rear ends up to try to keep up with Dyno Don.)

I had driven 140 miles to see my hero and he left Bee Line shortly after I arrived.
That was OK - he had the last laugh by constantly kicking their asses.

Another ugly incident at Bee Line was someone sabotaging Phil Bonner's FE Falcon after he qualified #1. The mopar boys were not happy about that either.

The good old days.

Pinnacle Peak

manofmerc

• View Profile
Re: Dyno Don Comet Wagon
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:51:08 AM »
There is a fellow named Bill Dismuke that has a clone of that wagon .He lives in either Fla. or Ala. It is a nice car for sure .If you do a search for ODRR you would probably find some pictures of this 64 wagon .Pretty cool car I like it !Just in case you don't know what ODRR is .It means old drag racers reunion .An event held the third weekend of September in Panama city beach Fla. That comet wagon will probably be there .They will have a lot of the old cars at cotton wood Ala. drag racing .Doug

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:54:44 AM »
n/m
Bob Maag

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »
It was at the 2014 Old Drag Racers reunion as well as a ton of other neat cars. 
Here is a link to the folder for 2014:
http://s68.photobucket.com/user/DeepRootsNursery/library/Old%20Drag%20Racers%20Reunion%202014

Here is a link to 2012 ODRR:
http://s68.photobucket.com/user/DeepRootsNursery/library/Old%20Drag%20Racers%20Reunion%202012?sort=3&page=1

2014 was an impressive year,
Dick Brannan had his 62 and 63.5 factory lightweights.  a 64 Lightweight was there, original thunderbolts.  Lots of high end clones.  Rhonda's cammer thunderbolt, etc.

The Dismuke wagon:  (it is a 64 fairlane wagon, I didn't know he had a comet as well)

and my absolute favorite car, Brannan's 63 lightweight: (which by the way sounded pretty tough)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:22:59 AM by Drew Pojedinec »