Author Topic: Please Help! Holley Terminator 2x4 mounting issue  (Read 1594 times)

62_BattleBird

• View Profile
Re: Please Help! Holley Terminator 2x4 mounting issue
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2024, 11:38:23 PM »
If you wanted to switch throttle bodies, these will fit the tunnel wedge easily. I understand if you want the 4150 look, though. Just throwing it out there.

Very cool. What are these?

62_BattleBird

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2024, 11:44:50 PM »

I believe the Offenhauser #5880 provides the pair of spacers which offset each carburetor 1/2"; whereas the #5832 provides the pair of spacers intended to rotate the carburetors 90 degrees.  Unfortunately, the later is intended to be mounted to manifolds which present the 5-5/8" x 4-1/4" bolt Carter AFB & Quadrajet pattern, adapting the 5-5/8" x 5-1/4" Holley pattern for the carburetor mounting.   ;)

Hence, why one may find that the best way is to do a little custom welding & machine work to present that which is needed.   :)

Oh,............I don't know what size of a welder you may have acquired but when welding aluminum, figure you'll need twice the amps as that of steel, and I would guess that for this job anything less than say 200amp. capacity just isn't going to be enough for a good result.   :-\ 

Scott.

Thanks for the info Scott; that is indded the route I'm going to attempt. Thanks also for your insight on the aluminum welding; luckily I managed to get ahold of a 200amp welder so I should be good to go there.

GerryP

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2024, 08:10:45 AM »
If it were me, I'd find someone who can do 3D printing.