Author Topic: Disease please, I'll take two.  (Read 84137 times)

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: Disease please, I'll take two.
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2017, 09:52:11 PM »
Woohoo, gracias John
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2017, 05:54:21 PM »
Got to have the morning to install the rear end.
I included the picture of the tranny jack because it's without a doubt the best tool I ever bought at Harbor Freight.
We all know you only buy certain things there, this should be one of them if you have to work off the ground as I do. It lifts as you see and pancakes out pretty low. Great tool.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »
Wow, that looks awesome! You're really cranking through stuff.

My dad and I were in the garage last night looking our red Mustang over trying to make a hit list of what we need to get done. We decided we're going to keep outfits in the garage and any time we take a picture we'll switch into them to make it look like we got everything done in one day......and didn't get dirty.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »
Hah nice idea, if only. :D
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2017, 09:52:06 PM »
Well she's a roller again.
Hung the front suspension today. Man the little details and lubrication and cleaning paint and powder coat out of all the threads takes a ton of time but it's all very enjoyable.
Tried to set the alignment up fairly neutral to start with. We'll see how that goes with some weight. Easy to adjust though. I'm using washers now then I'll cut spacers when I dial it in.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »
Just a little update.
Have the brakes in.
Was thinking about the wiring so much I thought I'd get started to see what lengths and room I had to deal with. I have the front, rear and in dash trunks run. And the ac in.
Now I'm going to sit down and draw out what I need to put where as Jay suggested in the other thread. I've got the basics straight in my head now, the basic wiring harness is just that, an ac supply for all your basic running gear such as lights. The engine harness is separate and just takes power from the basic harness. I know it's simple but me and wires have never seen eye to eye. I'm forcing myself to learn more than just basic stuff.
My next problem is where to put the battery (trunk) and solenoid as well as my computer and related junk. Cause it ain't going in the engine room save for one spot. The old battery area I left as a mounting area for maybe computer etc. I can cover that area with a lid so that it's smooth.
I'm also moving the fuse box a bit. It's going on the kick panel at the very top. It's in the way a little bit of the fresh air vent but I can cut that up a bit to make room. This way it's up out of view and still easily accessible. Also all the wire runs are very neat and less visible.
I ended up using an EZ harness. Its put together kind of loose so that it's easy to change up the way the runs leave the box. When I used a Painless before it wasn't as friendly to change.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2017, 07:06:24 PM »
Looking good, Marc. A well thought out and executed wiring system looks like art to a car guy. At least to me. It also makes it MUCH easier to work on, if need be. When I saw the picture of the wiring behind Jay's Shelby's dash, I think I about had a seizure...lol

That brake and clutch cylinder area looks super sanitary and easy to access. Heck, the whole car looks that way!
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2017, 07:40:33 PM »
Thanks Doug, sanitary is indeed a key word.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Bolted to Floor

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »
Marc, it's looking good. You're moving right along. I wish I worked as efficiently as you.

Looking past the car is a shelving rack with what appears to be a dual 2 barrel intake!  ???

Am I seeing heat right? What an oddity.
John D -- 67 Mustang 390 5 speed

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2017, 01:11:22 AM »
Looks nice and tidy...I like the stainless line work.I see you have the master plumbed the norm.Rear chamber for the front brakes and front chamber for the rear brakes..Not sure who's master that is but Wilwood actually wants it plumbed rear to rear and front to front..Not sure why but that's what they want...
Not saying yours is wrong but for some reason some people like things done different (go figure)...Nice Job
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2017, 08:02:04 AM »
Hi I need a gas tank for my Comet and that looks like it may fit, who made it, and your car is a piece of art work. Leny Mason

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2017, 10:47:58 AM »
Marc, it's looking good. You're moving right along. I wish I worked as efficiently as you.

Looking past the car is a shelving rack with what appears to be a dual 2 barrel intake!  ???

Am I seeing heat right? What an oddity.
Hah it does look like a 2 in the pic.
It's an old Ed F 380/3 deuces. I bought it cheap and figured I'd use it on a period hot rod but prolly not. Wall art.
I've got a nice y block 292 for a hot rod build after the mustang and Fairlane.
Fairlane block is in that same pic.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
Not sure who's master that is but Wilwood actually wants it plumbed rear to rear and front to front..Not sure why but that's what they want...
Not saying yours is wrong but for some reason some people like things done different (go figure)...Nice Job
I actually plumbed it wrong (Wilwood normal) at first.
The unit is from ABS brakes. Here's a link.
http://www.abspowerbrake.com/ehpm.html
They have different mc's that they want plumbed specific to each one. Make sure you read the instructions ::) .
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2017, 10:59:14 AM »
Hi I need a gas tank for my Comet and that looks like it may fit, who made it, and your car is a piece of art work. Leny Mason
Thank you Leny. That's high praise coming from you. I hope I live up to that.
The tank is from Tanks Inc. They are really great to talk to and pretty much have it down as far as applications. The bottom of the tank has a sump area that I don't remember in my stock mustangs.
They supplied the pump for the hp I'll have and were very prompt.
I was going to do a fuel cell but once I saw these tanks and the great price it was a no brainer. Those cells are pretty expensive.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2017, 01:02:02 PM »
In wiring hell this week. Maybe hell is a bit strong but it does take a while to do it right.
As I've said before I'm putting the battery in the trunk so have been figuring out how to get that done without stupid amounts of wire all over the car and long runs of hot wire.
This may sound elementary to a lot of you but even though I've wired cars before I've never wired one with the battery in the trunk. I of course looked at the way guys do it on line but frankly there is some not so good stuff out there as well as some good ideas. Basically I'm putting the solenoid and circuit breaker back there and running one hot 8g wire to a terminal under the dash. That way there is only one full time hot wire heading up front and that wire will be shielded the entire length. The starter cable will run under the car along the frame rails (I can say that now even though it's a Mustang. :)
All the accessories will get their juice from either the under dash terminal if they need to be hot all the time (such as stereo clock) or off of an accessory panel fed by the ignition switch.
Included a pic of the battery tray I'm mocking up for the trunk. Battery will mount on the outside of the roll bar down tube. The tray is through bolted to the frame. I'll prolly put some holes in the vertical part of the bracket and weld it together. Thinking of black anodizing.

Speaking of taking time, I don't know if you guys are this anal but to make the connector butts I take the plastic off the connectors then crimp them with a hydraulic crimper that smashes it all together
pretty darn good. It seems like no matter how hard I tried and checked with regular crimpers I'd always have one or two that came apart.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428