Author Topic: Brisk winterday  (Read 408 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Brisk winterday
« on: January 17, 2024, 07:46:44 PM »
Global warming ???
wife let the dogs out for a few minutes. The older dog froze up so she fell down wife had to carry her inside

Thats minus 40.72 Farenheit

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 07:50:44 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Diogenes

• View Profile
Re: Brisk winterday
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 08:23:44 PM »
The woman and I thought it's been cold here, I guess we've just had it too easy for too long. Our low temps have been around 0 to -2 F, and pretty windy on some days (around 50MPH over the weekend), but -40 is seriously cold. It's supposed to be back in the 40s next week, though. I'm guessing you're above the Arctic Circle?

WHEN CRIMINALS MAKE THE LAWS, OBEYING THE LAW IS A CRIME.

1966 Galaxie 500 390 Toploader 3.89 Traction-Lock 9in.
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1971 Montego MX wagon 351C Toploader Detroit Locker Cyclone competition gauge/dash bucket seats/console
1989 Texas DPS Police Mustang
1971 Torino GT 351C 4V AT
1968 Cougar 351W Toploader Traction-Lock 8in.
1989 Dodge Omni modified 2.5 turbo from hell

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 09:18:32 PM »
The woman and I thought it's been cold here, I guess we've just had it too easy for too long. Our low temps have been around 0 to -2 F, and pretty windy on some days (around 50MPH over the weekend), but -40 is seriously cold. It's supposed to be back in the 40s next week, though. I'm guessing you're above the Arctic Circle?
The "good" thing is when its 40 minus here it is alomst no wind and low humidity. So with the right clothes you can live with it but you dont go out if not nessesary
And i just changed oil in the daily, and just had a barrel with 15-40 diesel oil for the tractor so i put that in ::) You dont want to start the car in minus 40 with that
probably like a glob of grease in the pan. Monday it is suposed to be around 0 c (about 28 F) but 8 inch of snow.
Im about 50 60 miles below the Arctic circle at the top of the gulf of bothnia i see the sea from my bedroom window.

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 10:39:06 PM »
Heo - That last picture is very nice!!

I don't know if I could stand -40 very long.  My wife gets very cold feet, and she insists on warming them up on me when we climb into bed  :o :o
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 12:21:25 PM »
Heo - That last picture is very nice!!

I don't know if I could stand -40 very long.  My wife gets very cold feet, and she insists on warming them up on me when we climb into bed  :o :o
Thanks Bill, thats  one of our kitchen windows
Same here, suddenly there is like two fridgeratorcold porkchops on you under the bedcover, OUCH :o