Author Topic: Pictures from the FE Race and Reunion?  (Read 9429 times)

Grbmaverickmo

• View Profile
Re: Pictures from the FE Race and Reunion?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 08:13:30 AM »
Thats A  good idea, we do that on the Maverick forum that I`m also on. When ever there is a big event we do a "who is coming?" then try to meet at some time and put faces to names. I made some good buddies all over the world doin that. Maybe next yr we can try ;D

troublemaker427

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »
Hey guys, next year on Friday we are going to hand out name tags for the Beer & Brats meet & greet.  That way we can all get to know each other better.  It will be the type of stick on name tags that say "Hello, my name is -----"  We will also provide the Sharpies to write your name on the tags.

This event is as much about the social interaction of us FE lovers as it is about he cars.  That's why we call it a Race & Reunion!!! 

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 08:04:20 PM »
Hey guys, next year on Friday we are going to hand out name tags for the Beer & Brats meet & greet.  That way we can all get to know each other better.  It will be the type of stick on name tags that say "Hello, my name is -----"  We will also provide the Sharpies to write your name on the tags.

This event is as much about the social interaction of us FE lovers as it is about he cars.  That's why we call it a Race & Reunion!!!
Sounds right, enjoyed watching you run :D.  We met, talked to and made friends thru beer and brats and the next day too.  Grbmaverick we'll get it right next year.  Watched some good video, gonna try to post a link here (hope it works!).  This vid touches the whole event, including the scary but safe oil down by the comet.  Happens toward the end of the video.  BTW, seems to me the '58 taking off next to him rolled off the trailer on Saturday and calmly set low et at 9.01 then lit the red.  If I'm wrong set the record straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuaEBK30uN4
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
Altho I have never raced the 427 car I certainly dumped the clutch in it especially with the small block...My perches rolled as well and I put some Calvert perches on...They are a really nicely done pc.I also split a pc of pipe and put it on the top of the housing and continued the perch welds (tig) all the way around....A little over protection...
While I was at it I took an inch out of each side of the housing,added a filler and put a brace on it..My narrowing fixture is still installed in the last pic

I feel for the guys who have it come apart on the starting line.It can be a trail of carnage......Cory

1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

troublemaker427

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »
http://www.beaversprings.com/results/2014/FE%20Race%20&%20Reunion.htm

Here is more coverage from this years event.  Also check out Bangshift.com for their extensive coverage.

Thanks