Author Topic: Zybar header paint  (Read 1267 times)

PaulProe

• View Profile
Zybar header paint
« on: December 10, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »
There is a new product that claims all kinds of heat reduction on headers. Zybar by Zycoat

Does anyone have any experience with using the product? Any application tips?

Thanks

Paul

gregaba

• View Profile
Re: Zybar header paint
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 09:31:18 AM »
To be up front I am a Zybar dealer and applicator so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Just follow the instructions and it will work great. One secret is to apply it in very thin coats and don't put it on more then 2 mils thick.
So far the ones I have done look like new after a year of running and the heat reduction in the engine compartment is very noticeable.
A lot of people don't know this was developed by NASA for heat protection on their rockets.
Another good thing about it is if you do scratch it you can reapply the product without removing the headers with a touch up gun or a small brush. It doesn't crack and one application is all that is needed for the life of the headers. I even put it on my firewall and under my headliner on my cars.
All in all it is a easy to apply product if applied exactly as the instructions say included blasting with aluminum oxide to get a good finish.
Greg

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
Re: Zybar header paint
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 11:59:45 AM »
I recently painted mine with the POR product. It claims no heat reduction, but it has not discoloured after several uses. I don't have convenient access to a ceramic coating service here on Vancouver Island, and heat here is not such a big issue.
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.