Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!  (Read 226672 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Re: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2014, 03:24:37 AM »
Welcome norm.
I see you have that same crome trim between the rocker and waistline
trim that i have
Its suposed to be rare and you dont find it in Fords spareparts manuals

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2014, 10:21:38 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Heo! Yes, I believe it is pretty rare -in fact, the left 1/4 panel one on my car is all wrinkled in one spot....and will likely stay that way, lol. Do you have pics of your car on here some place, so I can view it?

Thanks again ! :)

Welcome norm.
trim that i have
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

1964 Galaxie 500  aka 'the blue goose'

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »
Jeez, you '64 guys are swarming the place ;)

That may be so, instead of circling the wagons we're circling the fastbacks.  Your Galaxie looks sweet, likin' those dog dishes 8).  I have given it careful consideration though and I appear to be exactly 1 Mustang down ::).  Better talk to the wife and investigate the potential for procurement..........

Great looking car Norm, looks clean and straight too :D  I think I'm gonna have to break down and go Photobucket or similar so I can put up pics of my own at some point, we need more '64 photos :).- Len

Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2014, 05:33:59 PM »
 Yes in the midle of page 5 in members Project -Galaxie 64
I see we got the same bumpergards and bombsight and belly slicers on the front
fenders to
Thanks for the warm welcome Heo! Yes, I believe it is pretty rare -in fact, the left 1/4 panel one on my car is all wrinkled in one spot....and will likely stay that way, lol. Do you have pics of your car on here some place, so I can view it?

Thanks again ! :)

Welcome norm.
trim that i have
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:37:08 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »
Thanks again Len :)   It is the photos, but thanks! ....because it's really a 15-20 footer, lol. But , as it is, I like it because I don't have to worry about every little thing, it's going to get nicks and road debris and it's the real deal, not a face-lifted, boob-job girl, teehee.

May I suggest Flickr.com for photo hosting. I notice on the Ford Muscle Forum alot of guys use Photobucket and the links they send often include the entire page and/or album when all they are trying to send is one photo. Flickr is nice that way, as seen in this photo below I copied & pasted directly below:

I just added the brackets and "img" so that the Flickr link is ''bbc coded" and will be visible here.

If you like, here's the link to all my Gal pic sets (it's a work in progress):   

https://www.flickr.com/photos/norms64gal/sets/

Great looking car Norm, looks clean and straight too :D  I think I'm gonna have to break down and go Photobucket or similar so I can put up pics of my own at some point, we need more '64 photos :).- Len
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »
Great pics of your Gal, very nice looking car!

Yes, I like all those on mine too...and that it has some small front-end differences over other Gals I have looked, plus, I use my 'bombsight' to guide me down the road, teehee.  I would like to someday find an extra pair of fins, drill a small hole right behind the "sail" part and add small LED's, then wiring them into my turn signals (like '64-'66 T-Bird)  ......this is to cure my leaving the turn signal on at times, haha.
Yes in the midle of page 5 in members Project -Galaxie 64
I see we got the same bumpergards and bombsight and belly slicers on the front
fenders to
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2014, 09:00:13 AM »
Hey Norm, thanks for the flickr recommendation and link.  Mine's a 15 to 20 footer too, but I like it that way for the same reasons ;D.  I want to enjoy it, not protect it.  Hope to post a few photos in a day or two- Len
Len Zielinski
'69 F100 300 stick

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »
You're welcome Len :)   Look fwd to seeing your pics once you get a pic hosting site.

Also, congrats on your toploader find! I need to write up a 'help wanted' for my tired T-10, but will wait until I get a few posts, aka 'credibility' under my belt. It still works 'ok', but I would love to find someone local to "go through it".

I remember last fall a large group of us, in our cars, all caravaning to a private auto museum at a ranch northwest of the twin cities ....well anyways, one stretch of it put us on a very dusty dirt road -so I leaned over to wifey and smirked "gee, wonder how many fellow cruisers are cursing about now, their babies about to look like a day at the dirt track, lol".....

Have a great afternoon :)    Norm

Hey Norm, thanks for the flickr recommendation and link.  Mine's a 15 to 20 footer too, but I like it that way for the same reasons ;D.  I want to enjoy it, not protect it.  Hope to post a few photos in a day or two- Len
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »
You're welcome Len :)   Look fwd to seeing your pics once you get a pic hosting site.

Also, congrats on your toploader find! I need to write up a 'help wanted' for my tired T-10

I have a local guy that said he could build my late 70's 3 speed + overdrive, and I've addressed it before in this forum.  Guys here are kind enough to tell you it's good enough to survive (and it would be if you treat it right ;)) but I realized I'm just not that kind to my equipment.  Problem is, I just couldn't get there from here and could not ignore the nearly 1" of shiny yoke indicating that "my rules of engagement" were a tad short.  As far as the T10 goes, there are guys who can make it dance 8).  Me, I just wanted to be able to sidestep the clutch at a modest RPM level ::) and realized all I was missing was a reasonable link between the flywheel and the rear end.  The toploader will definitely cure my problem there.  Break it and it's my fault.
Len Zielinski
'69 F100 300 stick

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2014, 11:58:34 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun Len (your finished car that is)! Will you have someone shoot a youtube video of that sidestep action for us to ogle over?  :P

Please (so that I don't sound 'preachy')....  Just be sure to swap out that rubber inlay 2 piece d/shaft for a sturdy one-piece one -if you haven't done so yet, now that you're going to be running such a stout motor and trans. I've seen what they look like when they give up the ghost after some mild 'umphing', lol.

Norm

Also, congrats on your toploader find! I need to write up a 'help wanted' for my tired T-10

I have a local guy that said he could build my late 70's 3 speed + overdrive, and I've addressed it before in this forum.  Guys here are kind enough to tell you it's good enough to survive (and it would be if you treat it right ;)) but I realized I'm just not that kind to my equipment.  Problem is, I just couldn't get there from here and could not ignore the nearly 1" of shiny yoke indicating that "my rules of engagement" were a tad short.  As far as the T10 goes, there are guys who can make it dance 8).  Me, I just wanted to be able to sidestep the clutch at a modest RPM level ::) and realized all I was missing was a reasonable link between the flywheel and the rear end.  The toploader will definitely cure my problem there.  Break it and it's my fault.
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2014, 07:05:04 AM »
On the video side if I can figure it out  ??? I'm hoping to post some of the eventual tuning session when I get to that point.  A shop local to me has a chassis dyno, we'll strap the thing down and tune it there.  He has a ('55 or '56) gasser T' bird, a "coyote stock" class built 70 Maverick, an 1,800 hp late model Mustang in the works and a patina soaked rat looking mid-50's pickup with a mod motor.  None of the cars are FE powered but the blue oval is well represented.

Once I'm sure everything's right I plan on making some noise :D.  Lots to do between now and then..........
Len Zielinski
'69 F100 300 stick

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
Oh I'm sure you will produce a youtube blockbuster, teehee. If not, ask anyone under a certain age ....they seem to be born tech/comp savvy, lol. Yes, that dyno shop sounds like a blue oval fan's deelight!

Happy noise making to ya  :P      Norm
On the video side if I can figure it out  ??? I'm hoping to post some of the eventual tuning session when I get to that point.  A shop local to me has a chassis dyno, we'll strap the thing down and tune it there.  He has a ('55 or '56) gasser T' bird, a "coyote stock" class built 70 Maverick, an 1,800 hp late model Mustang in the works and a patina soaked rat looking mid-50's pickup with a mod motor.  None of the cars are FE powered but the blue oval is well represented.

Once I'm sure everything's right I plan on making some noise :D.  Lots to do between now and then..........
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

63gal427

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2014, 08:46:33 PM »
Hi all, a little over 4 1/2 years ago I decided I wanted something a little classier after owning my 1970 Galaxie for 20 years, so I bought my 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 Fastback powered by a 427 R code engine and 4 speed Top  Loader.  The car was originally 390 powered.

The car needed a fair bit of work doing to it over the 4 years years, but the main hurdle had been the engine, which the problems have now been corrected.

I hope you don't mind me posting a fair few photos.

Cheers Dan.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:49:19 PM by 63gal427 »

fastback 427

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum Dan! Super nice galaxie. The interior is beautiful as well as the rest . Quite a few nice galaxies here so you'll fit right in. I've been trying to get my dad's 63 1/2 gal from my uncle but the stubborn old coot won't sell yet.
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2014, 10:00:51 PM »
That is a stunning car, Dan.  Welcome to the board - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC