Author Topic: 1967 Fairlane/Comet FE Motor Mounts  (Read 2251 times)

mlcraven

• View Profile
1967 Fairlane/Comet FE Motor Mounts
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »
Getting ready to put the 390 back in the Cyclone.  Wouldn't you know it; amongst the hundreds of photos I snapped during disassembly I somehow managed not to get any of the motor mounts before I removed them from the engine.  My Steve Christ FE book doesn't really have very good/helpful pics, and Barry's book discusses 2- and 4-hole blocks but has no pics of mounts.  Fortunately, page 101 of the Shop Manual has a legible diagram and that's what I've followed.

The mount assemblies are a 3-component deal: a 3-hole insulator that goes on the block; an intermediate support bracket with a downward facing threaded stud, and a 4-bolt K-member plate.  The K-member plates can really only go in one way.  I thought the insulators at least would be marked LH/RH, but one has a "Made in Korea" marking only and the other has an embossed Ford logo and "P.H" mark.

After consulting the Shop manual plus some measuring and general MK1 eyeball work the pics below show how I've assembled it.

Does this look about right? 
Michael

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Fairlane/Comet FE Motor Mounts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:31:48 AM »
Yup.

mlcraven

• View Profile
Re: 1967 Fairlane/Comet FE Motor Mounts
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »
Thanks Howie...not that I have cause to doubt the Shop Manual but it's good to have confirmation.
Michael