Author Topic: F-100 lottery winner  (Read 8534 times)

Lenz

• View Profile
F-100 lottery winner
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:26:41 AM »
So I'm half-listening to my local news this morning, hear this story about a cat with a kidney stone.  Youngish guy says it cost him $700 to get medicine for the cat to ditch the stone.  Then the cat gets sick so he gets it an operation.  By now I'm looking at the TV.  Then they show a picture of a nice looking two-tone '72 F-100. 

Guy says I had to sell my truck to pay for the operation.  Took less than an hour to move it for $1,200 on Craig's list he says.

So at what point would you have the .22 in one hand and the the title to your truck in the other and say to yourself, well, the truck's gotta go, fluffy's sick...... ???
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

shady

• View Profile
Re: F-100 lottery winner
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:02:08 AM »
Lost your cat?

Check under my tires.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:07:03 AM »
I remember as a kid, I was telling my grandfather that we took the animal to the vet for a shot.
He was 3/4 drunk and said, "In my day, animals only ever got one shot."

I didn't understand what he meant until years later.
Of course he also told us he spoke fluent German.  We figured he'd been in the war, and so we didn't think much of it.  He'd teach us words in German, that looking back, he'd clearly just made up.  I still recall him saying that Germans invented the brazier for women, he said they were originally called "Schtopemfromfloppin."  Sadly, I remember telling other people that I knew German......  I seem to recall getting some weird looks from people.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »
I remember as a kid, I was telling my grandfather that we took the animal to the vet for a shot.
He was 3/4 drunk and said, "In my day, animals only ever got one shot."

I didn't understand what he meant until years later.
Of course he also told us he spoke fluent German.  We figured he'd been in the war, and so we didn't think much of it.  He'd teach us words in German, that looking back, he'd clearly just made up.  I still recall him saying that Germans invented the brazier for women, he said they were originally called "Schtopemfromfloppin."  Sadly, I remember telling other people that I knew German......  I seem to recall getting some weird looks from people.

Now that's funny: Kependemgirlsfromfloppin! Kinda's like...Klingon for the masses...LOL!
Bob Maag

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »
Yeah, we were watching TV and the pope was up there rambling in Latin making the sign of the cross.
I said, "Grandpa, what is he saying?"
GP:  "He is saying 'All you Italians, get off my lawn'.

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:48:04 AM »
Yeah, and the correct German word for Grandma's jogging sports bra is "pertectinderkneesundshins". 

In my view, as long as there are enough letters a tipping point has been reached and a word automatically becomes German.

As for Latin, who can say?  I was not blessed with a multilingual Grandpa, but I was an altar boy for a time which qualified me as an official wine taster.  The gig didn't last.
Len Zielinski
'69 F100 300 stick

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
Do they burn charcoal in that brazier? :o

KS

MustangGT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
My cat is a highly loved family member and I'll do the same thing if I have to.
I can always buy another car but I cant replace a family member.
There are alot of stuff I would sell before my Mustang though, for example my .22 ;)

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »
My cat woke me up one night by biting my tumb and screaming like crazy.
when i woke up he jumped from the bed and  run downstairs howlig and screaming.
i run after and thought he realy lost it.
The hall downstairs was filled with smoke like the house was on fire
i opened the door and let him out and went back in the house to investigate
but the cat ran after me screaming like crazy  to get me out of the house.
He didnt stop screaming  before i was outside of the house
He could have escaped through his hatch and left me in the burning house
Instead he risked his life by running upstairs to wake me up an get me out.
I was able to put out the fire by myself so he saved me,my family,and  the house

So i think i sell all my cars to save him if i have to and all my guns to  not just
the .22s

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:13:35 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »
Nice story, Heo.
All my cats are borderline retarded.  I've only had one cat this decade who was worth knowing.

MustangGT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
Great story Heo. I totally agree with you!  :D

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »
Funny thing he didnt care my wife was still in the house ???

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 07:31:20 PM »
Funny thing he didnt care my wife was still in the house ???

Now THAT is a true cat - Selective loyalty.

They're funny little things.  My black one came into my office one day and started howling until I followed him.  He led me into the bathroom, where the other cat had become trapped in the shower stall.

Mind you, the other cat was too cool to care about her predicament.  She also treated the black one like crap - attacking and hissing at him all the time.

Why did he care?  Maybe he likes the abuse??
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 06:06:29 AM »
Great stories, cats do definitely show their own brand of loyalty.  We had a barn cat, great mouser, she would follow me around wherever I went but stayed off some distance.  It got so that if the kids wanted to play with it they'd look for me to find it. 

Had to get her cut along the way though, she was a full-blown whore.  Every time she "heated" she'd have her hindquarters jacked up in the air looking back and screaming at anything that moved (truth, grew up on a farm where we always had a ton of cats, never saw anything like this one).  We couldn't give the kittens away fast enough, when I took her to get fixed after weaning the last time she was knocked up again.  My brother in law still has some of the offspring from the kitty-cannon.
Len Zielinski
'69 F100 300 stick

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 07:55:31 AM »
Lenz,
So years ago, I was sitting in a friends shop.  We'd been sawmilling out in the woods.  I mentioned over a dozen beers that I needed to get the wife's cat fixed.  He said not to waste my money at a Vet, he'd been a pig farmer for years and could do it.
I had never considering fixing a male cat at home, so I asked what we needed to do.
He said, "Well, we get this rubber boot ya see, and I'll stick the cat in the boot.  You have to hold the boot really tight and I'll cut on it. When I'm done just throw the boot and don't make eye contact with the cat.  Cuz he'll wanna git on anything he sees and hurt it."

I said, "Well that seems pretty scary.  Tell ya what, when my daughter gets her first boyfriend lets do something like this to keep him in line."
He looks at me seriously and says, "Well, obviously for him, we'd need a much bigger boot."
I say, "You twisted redneck, I meant get the cat fixed to intimidate him.  Nevermind.... and I'm taking my cat to the Vet."

#SouthGeorgiaProblems