Author Topic: Twin Supercharged Cammer Cobra  (Read 1931 times)

Nightmist66

• View Profile
Twin Supercharged Cammer Cobra
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:09:36 PM »
Check out this awesome mirror polished aluminum-bodied Cobra powered by a twin supercharged cammer with billet valve covers, no less!

https://youtu.be/uCaefWCWJAE
Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

FElony

Re: Twin Supercharged Cammer Cobra
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 09:21:22 PM »
Check out this awesome mirror polished aluminum-bodied Cobra powered by a twin supercharged cammer with billet valve covers, no less!

https://youtu.be/uCaefWCWJAE

Is it just me (usually is) or are the cams in this kinda wild considering it has two blowers? Been watching a lot of boosted car videos of late and they sound sedate in comparison. Otherwise, car is mind-bending. Perhaps even hallucinogenic, which I like even more than mind-bending.

cobracammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 07:13:32 AM »
I know a little bit about this car ( I think).  I was following this as it was happening.  If I remember correctly, Keith Craft built the engine and was fitting the twin Paxton superchargers.  I was interested because I had the same twin Paxton setup on my old 68 Mustang Fastback.... which I sold to start buying Cammer parts.  So it goes that they had an issue (and its a pretty cool issue) that the twin paxtons superchargers were hooked up and it actually lost power on the dyno!  LOL  the stock "impellers" on the superchargers could not keep up with the air flow (Suction) of the Cammer Motor.  I believe the owner of the cobra really wanted the twin Paxton setup, so they sent away for custom made impellers to swap into the paxtons.....  which still could not keep up!  However the owner really wanted the look, so they kept it on even though it was a little restrictive.

Also the Cobra was fabricated at Kirkham specifically for this application.  Down to the hood which mirrors the 2 famous Paxton powered cobras made by Shelby (one of which went to Bill Cosby).

Let me know if you guys heard something different as this build was a huge impetus for me wanting the setup I have today!  LOL 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:10:32 PM by cobracammer »
Jason
2005 Saleen S281 (427 SOHC 2 X 4 EFI swap), T56 Magnum XL 6 speed, 9" Currie rear with 3.89 Gears

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 07:49:42 AM »
In concept, is there a more desirable engine anywhere?
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
Don't take it out on a sunshine-y day. Reflection will cause wrecks!

KS

cobracammer

• View Profile
Jason
2005 Saleen S281 (427 SOHC 2 X 4 EFI swap), T56 Magnum XL 6 speed, 9" Currie rear with 3.89 Gears