Author Topic: EFI intake size and length?  (Read 9886 times)

BH107

• View Profile
Re: EFI intake size and length?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »
So maybe a little closer to this build. He has 20 CI on you, but you have a little more compression. Same heads, similar cam, and he's running EFI.

http://fefordtech.com/index.php?topic=33.0

Bad Byrd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 01:08:36 PM »
So maybe a little closer to this build. He has 20 CI on you, but you have a little more compression. Same heads, similar cam, and he's running EFI.

http://fefordtech.com/index.php?topic=33.0

That is much closer to reality!

fe66comet

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »
Ez is basic non tunable. Like stock injection.

fe66comet

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 02:04:15 PM »
I am going off what Barry instructed me and his advice. If it is only putting obut 500 HP then I waisted 18 grand. I get more than 500 out of a 383 stroker SBC but the dyno will show how things turned out. In all of the builds that have been illustrated they seem mild. If I need to I can always go hotter on the camshaft. The cam I chose is a starting place. As I said I commonly get 1.5 HP per cubic inch which comes down to 670 HP. This is based on a high performance carburated engine with tuned headers and a drag intake with properly sized carburetor. As far as other builds there a lot of variables involved to make or loose power, ten gained somewhere adds up to substantial gains in the end. I can go up to .800 lift easily but it would gain nothing due to being counter productive to my induction system
 I am going to take some time to do further math to optimize my intake system for cold air and calculate  the proper size and length. I may even run two into one tubes to get more velocity just before the throttle body.

BH107

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »
Good luck, I hope you get there.

I would love to hear what Jay or Barry have to say about this.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:01:26 PM by BH107 »

fe66comet

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »
I have talked to Barry quite a bit along my three year build, a part at a time. Also I have talked in length with Jay on several aspects along the way. Many tricks I learned working for Kenny Santfort  in the early nineties at Performance Auto Machine on Western in Chicago. I worked in the cylinder head department. But learned a lot just asking questions about why and how things were done. After that i went to school for mechanical engineering and automotive service further building on my engine and other automotive skills. I have done many builds since but primarily SB Ford and Chevy. The extra weight and size limits the larger engines somewhat for conversions. Therefore my work with them is limited somewhat lately as vehicles have shrunk and modulars are capable of more than 3 HP per cube. But they are also limited to size and cost as factors.