Author Topic: Oil for less than a buck a barrel?  (Read 5015 times)

Kirk Morgan

• View Profile
Re: Oil for less than a buck a barrel?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 08:32:19 PM »
The retailers are making a killing. I buy diesel wholesale for the excavation company i word for and 3 weeks ago we paid 1.12$ per gallon for dyed and a 1.53 for highway diesel. We buy about 3000 gallons at a time.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2020, 09:33:34 AM »
I hate geopolitics, which is what this is in reality. We are watching the end of the US petro dollar. Drew is correct in his assessment, this can only end very bad for everyone. So as the previous poster said, better enjoy it now, ( gas/ oil prices) while you can.

Kirk Morgan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2020, 06:04:41 PM »
We received a shipment of fuel today. .82 dyed diesel and 1.35 for highway diesel
I remember the fuel embargo back in the seventies i had just moved out of the house. I could not afford to go anywhere.

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2020, 12:13:02 AM »
We received a shipment of fuel today. .82 dyed diesel and 1.35 for highway diesel
I remember the fuel embargo back in the seventies i had just moved out of the house. I could not afford to go anywhere.

Are freight companies still charging a fuel surcharge?  To cover the "higher" cost of fuel?

mike7570

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2020, 12:50:16 AM »

Are freight companies still charging a fuel surcharge?  To cover the "higher" cost of fuel?

Yep, I see it everyday. It fluctuates with cost but it’s still there.