Author Topic: Way O/T: check out what this jet truck does to the racing surface!  (Read 2512 times)

shady

• View Profile
Re: Way O/T: check out what this jet truck does to the racing surface!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
wonder who pays for that? never really cared for the jets, a show for the kids I guess. but back in the day Art Arfons(spelling?) put together some cool stuff. To me, jet stuff is for Bonneville. thanks for the video though. Destruction of anything is always fun to watch.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
That's not the only thing he's done at Norwalk. He's also burnt down the backing board! Although I think that may have been Motz. They really put on a good show for the Night Under Fire, I just hate the huge crowds. They put on one hell of a fireworks display after the event also.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

57 lima bean

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »
Was always fun to see what seemed like the annual fence burning at the Ceder Falls night of fire.Bracket racing at night with close to 3000 spectators.Made you feel like a delinquent. 8)

You also don't want to be the first pair down after the jets.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:15:10 PM by 57 lima bean »

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 08:11:09 PM »
I loved it , would have like to have seen in person

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 09:46:13 AM »
I genuinely used to hate the Fun Ford Weekend always running a Jet something at every event. Figured it "costs" the promoter money that would have been better spent on Ford's or a cheaper ticket at gate. Not to mention it tied up the track for at least a half hour. The fact that the track sanctioning body/insurers limit the speed of jets to a fraction of what they're capable of kind of cheapens the whole show.
    When I first started reading Hot Rod they had a feature on the fastest accelerating car in the world powered by hydrogen peroxide, silver mesh and alcohol. Fortunately when I ground down a quarter to dust and put hydrogen peroxide on it I did not know the stuff in medicine is only 2%..it barely bubbled