Author Topic: Just checking on ATI Super Damper alignment Question and Underdrive?  (Read 1359 times)

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
I have an  ATI Super Damper 918310.
My Mustang's 67 390GT originally came with the weenie integral damper/pulley pulley-combo, (single belt)

I want to use my original alt mounts, a single belt alt pulley and a single belt clutch fan/water pump pulley and an original C8 single groove crankshaft pulley that I obtained for this.

I kind of recall seeing something about the everyday std FE "crankshaft damper spacer" needed alteration for the ATI Damp, but the ATI Damp looks similar dimensionally to a standard 68+up damper so that the belts will line up?....................

On a long shot I'd like opinions.  I happen to have a March Billet underdrive kit(s) for FE (in both single and double groove configurations - a good deal) that I presume is really not all that cool  -- do I want to underdrive the water pump (Edelbrock) on a street/track 427 FE?

fairlanegt427

• 64 falcon 482 pond motor/ 65 comet 428
    • View Profile
Re: Just checking on ATI Super Damper alignment Question and Underdrive?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 02:27:44 PM »
I have the super damper and they are set up for chevy pulleys,  on the fe the counterbore for the pullys isn't their its flat.  I found pullys out of jegs or summit,  moroso makes them. its been a couple years now and I called ati and was explaining the pulley thing and he told me that's all they make.  maybe its changed by now I just don't know.