Author Topic: roll bar  (Read 3595 times)

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: roll bar
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 01:08:43 AM »
I only mentioned motorcycle retailers to point out the videos they use to help customers determine size and fit, plus the fact they also have liberal return policies. I have one helmet for racing and one for riding. Same goes for shoes/boots. And Kevin is right about the differences between racing helmets and riding helmets, although there is a huge variety of riding helmets, based on quality and protection desired. Anywhere from full faced heavy impact ratings, down to a tin pot on your head.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 08:52:31 AM »
Measure your head, order from Summit or Jegs.  IF it's a close car, an open face L or XL  Snell using will get the job done. 

https://www.summitracing.com/itemgroup/racequip-sa2015-open-face-helmets/?helmet-type=open&safety-rating=snell-sa2015&ar=1

I use a $300 Bell open face in the door car, but Snell should be Snell.  As long as the tag is in the back where an inspector can check it, it's good.  Summit has a decent return policy but if your head is "in the middle" of a measure pick the next size up. 

If you think the Snell thing is a pain at 11.49, try safety equipment for 8.40s at 150+.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:57:53 AM by Falcon67 »

FElony

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
If you think the Snell thing is a pain at 11.49, try safety equipment for 8.40s at 150+.

My local track (NHRA) requires a Snell helmet at 13.99. The jacket is 11.49, or a car with a power adder. The first of the two going out will have a tired CJ with an auto (meow) and 3.50's. I might not even need a helmet.  :'(  Butt, it'll get me in the saddle again.

...Anywhere from full faced heavy impact ratings, down to a tin pot on your head.

If my head is already a tin pot, do you think it will pass tech?

It ain’t an Easter egg hunt if no one is looking.

Good point. Brutal, but valid. So, if I said I put a partial VIN of the rarest factory production CJ in this forum, do you think anyone would look? Nah, I didn't think so. I've been buzzkilled. Time to LS swap it.