Author Topic: Frustration with Summit  (Read 6422 times)

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Re: Frustration with Summit
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
I got one of those "what were you thinking??" packages once.  Arizona Steve had a super rare swing-away dash and steering column setup for a '64 Galaxie.  I plunked down some good cash and waited expectantly.

The FedEx guy arrived and he did not look happy.  It took two of us to drag the box out of his truck.  The box (made out of two slid together) was falling apart and dirt was pouring out.  Fortunately the delicate dash trim was decently wrapped up and no worse for wear.  There must have been two pounds of authentic AZ dirt cushioning that dash and steering column!

In the end, the setup is fine and usable with some TLC.  The FedEx guy did not like me for awhile after that.
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »
Lol, dirt as a packing device. Brilliant, kinda.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 01:12:34 PM »
So you guys are actually getting parts?  I have had retainers on order for nearly two months, valves on order almost as long.  No shipping date, but they have my money.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

driveamerican

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 01:34:21 PM »
Texas shipping is the worst for me also.

wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 02:02:14 PM »
I use lane auto in SW lower mi they cost a little more but are 70 mi from me they ship also.They are part of motorstate a big warehouse i think they run 6 trucks to Canada and many to the states every day.I know a lot of engine shops get speed parts from them a few years ago I went and got a set of edelbrock fe heads they had 8 sets in stock.

Blueoval77

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 07:58:21 PM »
Well I think just about everyone is suffering right now and much of it can be pointed back at USPS and UPS , fed ex so far has been pretty good. In this area anyway if a postal worker coughs they are off for 14 days with pay.... This area being what it is there is a ton of coughing going on....
Its frustrating for us as the end users but I cannot imagine these business owners are none to happy either not  being able to get their goods to consumers. Also there was a huge wave of refunds for parts that never made it to the destination nor were returned to the origin....
Ive got a few things from Brent that were cross shipped and they actually showed up quick... Its a crap shoot...

66FAIRLANE

• Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2021, 04:41:20 PM »
I hear your pain Heo & Stubbie!

CV355

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2021, 07:48:53 AM »
In 2016, I bought a set of Borla ATAKs for our GT500 from American Muscle.  I had been a customer of AM for years, loved their prices and customer service.  The delivery day came and went, no delivery.  I called UPS, they said they could not locate the package.  It showed up a week later, literally thrown against my garage door (dented the door and trim), and the box was a disaster.  The box was the size of a dishwasher, shredded and held together by 3 or 4 different types of tape.  It looked like it was packaged horribly, fell apart on a UPS truck or something, maybe tossed down the Grand Canyon, and someone decided to tape it back together.  The mufflers were dented all over, one flange was bent inward.  AM wouldn't take a return, UPS refunded shipping but since it wasn't insured (not sure why), I was stuck with them. 

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2021, 09:32:55 AM »
I have always been happy ordering parts from Summit, but this whole Covid fiasco has messed up delivery of products all over. I have the seats for my 59 sitting at an upholstery shop, coming up a month, still waiting for the material to show up, something that normally took a few days, pre Covid. He also has a 67 S396 Chevelle in his shop, all apart, waiting for the headliner and seat covers that were supposed to be in stock at the manufacturers warehouse.  We are in Eastern Canada, and my seat material and the Chevelles interior pieces are in the US, but my upholstery guy said getting deliveries in Covid times has been very hit or miss, and winter likely hasn`t made things any easier.
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH

hbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 02:11:10 PM »
my problem is with the brown trucks,got a 20 or so parts order,when the driver brought the large box out the front door of his truck he dump it and most of the contents on my driveway.he didnt see my as i was outside when he did that.so i took inventory while he waited fortunately nothing was missing and everything was packaged seperatly. now most orders come from the other service.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2021, 04:36:05 PM »
i have always gotten my packages from summit.i have received extra parts before.i placed a order,got tired of waiting,sent messages of complaint and i got my package a few days later and about a week after that i got another one free.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2021, 09:47:28 PM »
I'm lucky,  Summit is a 30 min ride. Order, go to pick up and inspect on site.
Woody

CV355

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2021, 07:30:31 AM »
my problem is with the brown trucks,got a 20 or so parts order,when the driver brought the large box out the front door of his truck he dump it and most of the contents on my driveway.he didnt see my as i was outside when he did that.so i took inventory while he waited fortunately nothing was missing and everything was packaged seperatly. now most orders come from the other service.

UPS has obliterated more than a few things of mine over the years.  My wife works in logistics and tries to avoid UPS as much as possible- she says "they always figure out how to trash everything."

Lowrider

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2021, 07:51:29 AM »
Received a package a while back from Amazon. Don't remember what it was but it was something small and light. Came in a huge box. Only weight you could feel was the box. Made a comment to the UPS driver. He just laughed and said "that's Amazon". On the other side, I wanted to buy a nos plastic dash from Greensales. They wanted to ship it freight. Shipping was as much as the dash. Told them to keep it.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2021, 10:58:41 PM »
Texas shipping is the worst for me also.

I ordered a Fluidampr for a 3406 Cat and Summit had the best price but only in stock at the Texas warehouse. They're a bit over 500 bucks and they shipped me 5 of them before I got one that wasn't dented or missing something.

Nevada has been pretty good.