Author Topic: Seeking Reliable Fuel Injection for 427 Tunnelport  (Read 1378 times)

edwardsjethro

• View Profile
Seeking Reliable Fuel Injection for 427 Tunnelport
« on: April 01, 2024, 09:27:58 PM »
Looking for suggestions to put reliable fuel injection on a 427 tunnelport. Presently it has two Holley carburetors, the carbs work fine but seeing if their are better options while car is being restored. The motor will be in a quiet street driven car.
Inglese appears to have a nice system but are only available for the medium riser

Thanks.

Urgefor

• View Profile
Re: Seeking Reliable Fuel Injection for 427 Tunnelport
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 11:05:23 PM »
This thread might be of interest. HTH

Deja Vu?

I think someone might have hijacked the Mark fella's account.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 11:19:46 PM by Urgefor »

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 07:18:00 AM »
do the throttle bodes have to look like carbs?  The Fast throttle bodies might fit
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 05:00:04 PM »
When Holley first announced carb-replacement TBI, I was writing for Super Ford Magazine. I arranged to apply the very first dual four-barrel system to Brother Lon's '67 Mustang/427 combo. It took some parts swapping and some custom-fabricated parts to get the final combo together, and Jim Dove worked with me to create a set of TP components that included a factory dual-plane manifold first designed for the LeMans GT-40 effort.

The TBI systems now available are light years beyond those first systems in precision tunability and ease of use. I have no hesitation in suggesting that you look in that direction.

KS

Jb427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 07:29:51 PM »
I looked at a duel quad sniper set up when I was building my engine https://www.holley.com/blog/post/holley_sniper_efi_4150_dual_quads/ but I got ended up going carbs and they are great but now I look back and wish I took the leap to EFI If I did it all over I would 100% go that way.

Got this in my youtube feed as well nice timing for a EFI video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkN7QFkGZAs

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 07:49:21 AM »
Tunnel port probably makes it a little more challenging for port fuel injection with the pushrod tubes and injector bung placement (maybe not?) and throttle body injection to me is like going back to the 80's working on new cars and yes they are getting better but all the guys that bought a sniper 1 now wish they would've waited for the Sniper II and sooner or later Sniper III will come out, either way seems to require a lot of extra parts and wiring just to replace a mechanical fuel pump and carburetor