Author Topic: Koenigsegg keeps breaking all the rules....  (Read 2464 times)

cjshaker

• View Profile
Koenigsegg keeps breaking all the rules....
« on: June 21, 2015, 01:44:49 AM »
I've been watching these guys since Christian Von Koenigsegg started production in 2002. His cars and the story behind his company are nothing short of amazing, and just plain cool. Once again, they're setting the bar for extreme supercars, and they don't seem to be nearing their limits yet!

What intrigued me the most is that they were originally powered by an engine based off of a Ford Racing 302 block. Good old American V8 power! And what's even more amazing is that they are STILL using V8s based on the same basic architecture of the Ford engine, although it is strictly a Koenigsegg design and produced engine now, which had to be done to meet requirements for international sales. They have that unmistakable V8 sound, and, if you ask me, sound very much like the newer Mustangs with a muffler delete. They are literally kicking the tails of Europes hottest and most advanced V12 and W16 style engines. Something tells me this guy was fascinated with the lure of American V8 power when he was growing up. :D

Making over 1300 horsepower, with only 4.8 litres, using unique variable rate turbos that they invented, designed and made, they come up with amazing solutions to problems that only their cars create. Now they're knocking several SECONDS off of the fastest times recorded for acceleration/deceleration figures, which THEY previously held the world record for. 0-185+-0 mph figures of under 18 seconds! NO all wheel drive, strictly rear wheel!!

http://koenigsegg.com/koenigsegg-one1-exceeds-world-speed-records-in-practice/

These cars have the classic Hot Rod feel that can't be found in any other car that's anywhere near their league. Sure, they cost 2.8 million dollars, but if you save your lunch money for the next 100 years, that would make a pretty good downpayment ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:49:10 AM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Nightmist66

• View Profile
Re: Koenigsegg keeps breaking all the rules....
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 01:57:23 AM »
Watched the video. Look ma, no hands at 185mph!  :o
Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: Koenigsegg keeps breaking all the rules....
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 03:05:45 AM »
Yeah, they have ONE test driver. I doubt he misses much work 8)

Here he is doing some quick maneuvers to show how incredibly agile the car is...
https://youtu.be/SywqgH7n-5g?t=28s

And here's one where they race a diesel Ford Focus wagon in a 1 mile race...with the Focus having a 1/2 mile head start! It's actually pretty close until the Koenigsegg blows him off the road at the 3/4 mile point ::)
https://youtu.be/XjPdZxaTw64
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe