Author Topic: ben alameda youtube  (Read 1022 times)

fryedaddy

• View Profile
ben alameda youtube
« on: December 19, 2023, 11:35:14 AM »
i was watching bens youtube channel -mostly sb ford stuff.i asked him about FEs and he said he is getting ready to do an alu. FE on his channel  soon.might be interesting.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Re: ben alameda youtube
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 08:03:06 PM »
Don’t know if you follow mine, but I just finished an all aluminum 511 with Jays new heads.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

1968galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 09:00:22 PM »
Many of us have watched the 511 build with Jay's heads. Very sweet build! Thank you for sharing that one.
Is the engine waiting for dyno time availability?

Cheers

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 09:32:57 PM »
Don’t know if you follow mine, but I just finished an all aluminum 511 with Jays new heads.
i do follow you and i like every video too. plus BEN  said he got a bad block off of someone and had troubles and had to get a different manufacturer. im sure he wont have any new info that we dont already know,but it still might be a good video,because BEN likes to give up secrets unlike a lot of other builders.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 05:48:45 AM »
Many of us have watched the 511 build with Jay's heads. Very sweet build! Thank you for sharing that one.

Cheers

I'm waiting for the customer to pay what he owes me.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431

482supersnake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 10:47:22 AM »

Cheers

Were you able to make contact with the customer yet? Very strange situation that he would invest so much and unfortunately leave you on the hook for so much and cut off contact. If you haven't heard back from him it might be worthwhile to see if there's any kind of PI available in his country.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 11:13:15 AM »
maybe he is trying to stall till after Christmas.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 01:53:53 PM »

Cheers

Were you able to make contact with the customer yet? Very strange situation that he would invest so much and unfortunately leave you on the hook for so much and cut off contact. If you haven't heard back from him it might be worthwhile to see if there's any kind of PI available in his country.

There are some customers who send an email at the beginning, make their payments when asked, and I never have to bat an eyelash about it.  Some other customers give me fits. 

I don't know if it's a communication issue (I don't speak German and he doesn't speak hillbilly) or what, but for the amount of grief that he gave me at the beginning because of how hard parts were to get (8 months on a Bryant crank), I honestly tried to do my best to get it done and get it out of here.   Now it's been sitting here for quite a while, days and days go by between emails, etc.  It's taking up an engine stand, floor space, etc., and it needs to go. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431

482supersnake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 04:06:27 PM »
I not completely sure on the laws but I would assume that at a certain point of non payment he would lose the engine and whatever money he's invested. I'm sure it's not the path you want to go but small businesses can't afford to eat such a loss either. Let him know that the engine is complete and will begin accruing a storage fee.

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 04:12:54 PM »
I have found that Brent has always been open and forth coming about his builds on his You Tube channel.  No secrets there.  Tells it like it is and you can see everything.  Barry has always been open about his builds, and Jay has set the standard in openness with his dyno testing.  Thanks for a forum where folks try to help other FE owners.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2023, 04:41:07 PM »
I have found that Brent has always been open and forth coming about his builds on his You Tube channel.  No secrets there.  Tells it like it is and you can see everything.  Barry has always been open about his builds, and Jay has set the standard in openness with his dyno testing.  Thanks for a forum where folks try to help other FE owners.  Joe-JDC
i  i was tickled to death when  Brent started his channel.i watch and  hit the like button on all  his videos.good info.i was NOT talking about people on this forum when i made the statement about Ben liking telling secrets. only big secrets seem to be cam specs,and i dont see why because every combo is different.what works for you might not help me.unless it costs you money because someone used your cam or competitors catchup with you i dont see what the big deal is over cams. anyone developing new products has to share info.who would want to buy something with no info on it. im subscribed to over 100 youtube channels  i even watch Doves channel. if your a ford fan Ben does have about 80 good videos on ford racing,mostly sb ford.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 05:21:11 PM by fryedaddy »

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2023, 10:52:25 AM »

Cheers

Brent, would that motor be for sale for the balance owed at some point?
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone