Author Topic: Gauging Interest - Tunnelport Heads  (Read 21764 times)

Dumpling

• View Profile
Re: Gauging Interest - Tunnelport Heads
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2021, 02:38:02 PM »
Brent, look at that picture again.  Someone cut down into the lower plane, not just the divider.  Now the runner is only a few inches long at most.  No velocity, no torque.   Joe-JDC

Would make a good base to mount/use a supercharger. Either on top or front mounted.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2021, 04:25:05 PM »
...............look at that picture again.  Someone cut down into the lower plane, not just the divider.  Now the runner is only a few inches long at most. 

Actually looks like a nice execution effort, not that I would have recommended all of the effort to basically turn a rather rare C7OE-9425-B 427 T.P. 8V Dual plane intake into a somewhat more readily available C7OE-9425-A 8V single plane unit with some characteristics of the "Y"-Block stacked port configuration and perhaps a few other anomalies making it in the end perhaps not as good as the latter .      :-\

But still, run it and see!      :)

Scott.

jbamber

• View Profile
    • www.BamberEngineering.com
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2021, 07:43:50 AM »
I have read through this a couple of times and I hope I didn't miss this. Will you be offering intake manifolds for your heads? I know with some searching tunnel port intakes can be found but having one or two choices ( my vote is for the single plane dual four C7OE-9424-A) would make this an easier for guys to make the purchase, in my opinion. I would also wonder if Jays intake adapter would open up some choices for other "tops" too??

We will develop and offer manifolds after the heads release.  The first version will likely be a single plane 2x4. 

I know Ford made at least 4 different manifolds for the tunnel port - 2x4 single plane, 2x4 dual plane, single plane 1x4 with 4150 flange, and single plane 1x4 for a dominator.
John Bamber
Bamber Engineering
www.BamberEngineering.com
e-mail: john@bamberengineering.com

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2021, 11:09:44 AM »

I know Ford made at least 4 different manifolds for the tunnel port - 2x4 single plane, 2x4 dual plane, single plane 1x4 with 4150 flange, and single plane 1x4 for a dominator.

Also, a rather rare single four (4150 flange) dual plane.   ;)

B.T.W. Was the single plane 1x4 Dominator unit available as cast, or rather solely a fabrication?  They seem to be somewhat prolific with some looking to be obviously welded fabrications, but others if so have been quite well finished (as is the one we have), if only to the point of appearing to be hastefully modified casting boxes?      ???

Scott.

Henrysnephew

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2021, 01:38:09 PM »
I have an "as cast" single Dominator flange t/p unit that's out for powdercoat right now.  Will be running an old L-4575 1050 on it later this year.  Randy M

PLemoine

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
I currently have 2 4150 flanged single plane intakes, a 4500 flanged single plane intake. a 4150 flanged dual plane intake, a 2 4V dual plane intake, an Algon FI intake, and Jay Browns TP adapter. Just waiting on the heads.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2021, 02:06:42 PM »
I currently have 2 4150 flanged single plane intakes, a 4500 flanged single plane intake. a 4150 flanged dual plane intake, a 2 4V dual plane intake, an Algon FI intake, and Jay Browns TP adapter. Just waiting on the heads.

Can you post or send a picture of a dual plane single 4 barrel intake? I can't say I have ever seen one.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2021, 03:16:49 PM »

Can you post or send a picture of a dual plane single 4 barrel intake? I can't say I have ever seen one.

Not mine, picture from the old FE Forum, maybe the owner is here. I’ve seen pictures of 3 or 4 different ones of this same intake, but they’re definitely one of the rarest of the Ford Tunnel Port intakes.

Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

PLemoine

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2021, 05:17:07 PM »
Only 3 in existence I’ve been told. I have pictures of my but the pic format is not acceptable.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2021, 08:30:52 PM »
     I always wonder, who really knows how many of anything are actually in existence, anywhere and everywhere?      ???

But one went across ebay a two (?) years ago, I think if I remember right, it bid to something in the mid $4000.00 range; and although I might have helped run it up, I was in the end, out bid.     :-X

Scott.

Gregwill16

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2021, 09:12:05 PM »
You are close on the ebay one. It was advertised as NOS and brought $4277.27 plus $46.85 shipping. A couple bidders wanted it real bad.

Henrysnephew

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2021, 08:57:53 AM »
Mr Cushman, paging Mr Cushman ..... (lol).  Randy M

ntheogen

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
Cushman doesn't have one, and if I find one first, I will NEVER let him forget it.  Not only are they the rarest TP intake, they are without a doubt one of rarest Ford intakes period, quite possibly the top of that list. Jay sent me a picture of one not to long ago, so they are out there, in the wild, hidden amongst the tall grass, waiting to be found....

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2021, 12:09:07 PM »

Not mine, picture from the old FE Forum, maybe the owner is here. I’ve seen pictures of 3 or 4 different ones of this same intake, but they’re definitely one of the rarest of the Ford Tunnel Port intakes.

Kevin's picture seems to show a lot of hand scraping of the molds (or the pattern being cobbled together from a couple of other intakes).  That probably means one very limited run for a very special reason...
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2021, 07:36:16 PM »
You are close on the ebay one. It was advertised as NOS and brought $4277.27 plus $46.85 shipping. A couple bidders wanted it real bad.

Yeah, I'm the guy that injected the sevens into the bidding!     8)

But he had me covered in the end!    :'(

But, then looking at the bright side,.............at least I didn't need an appointment at the proctologist the following day!     ::)

Scott.