Author Topic: FE Power at the PRI Show  (Read 6777 times)

gt350hr

• View Profile
Re: FE Power at the PRI Show
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
   Jay ,
     Sorry I didn't get by. I went looking for you not realizing you were in "the other" room. My "leash" was too short. LOL  I too saw lots of  great people . We went three spaces wide this year and were constantly swamped with customers and information seekers. It was a great show.
      Randy

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 01:12:08 PM »
I wanted to go bad but got the flu on Friday morning leaving the house , left work early morning and felt crappy the rest of the weekend . My friend Flying Ryan Oehler had two of his Pro Stock Bikes there in somebody's booth too . Sure looks like it was a good time from the pics so thanks for sharing

427LX

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2019, 05:28:13 PM »
Wow you have a wide variety of FE Power parts...really great things going on Jay!

I wish there was someone putting that kind of time and energy into the Ford 351 Windsor style engines as we are still lacking in the intake manifold area.
Plenty of cylinder heads and great big inch blocks but not much in the 2X4 intake area....tunnel rams!

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 11:12:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure the sixth picture in the opening post is really three cardboard cutouts of Jay, Freiburger and Finnegan.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 12:00:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure the sixth picture in the opening post is really three cardboard cutouts of Jay, Freiburger and Finnegan.
LOL!  You promised you wouldn't tell anybody about that...  ;D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2019, 06:51:05 PM »
Jay -

Lots of good stuff!  I haven't seen Ray in several years.  Would love to catch up with him!  I do need to drag my butt out there for PRI next year.

- Bill
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 07:50:56 PM »
Some really good looking stuff there, Jay. I don't know if I'll ever reach that level of sophistication in the FE world but it's encouraging to know the components are available.

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2019, 10:38:45 PM »
You got all that accomplished and it only took 28 hours a day and all 8 days in the week! :o

KS

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2019, 03:29:52 PM »
Wow, very professional looking booth there. Pretty cool to get those guys attracted to your stuff. Did Kaase say anything about the design?

On that red intake, I sacrificed a bunch of plenum volume to get enough runner length and still fit under the hood. It's almost an IR manifold. It seemed to work very well and gained a ton over the factory C4AE-D High Riser intake. A friend of mine had a sheetmetal box made with huge plenum and short runners and it was terrible. It would fall on it's face launching at anything less then valve float RPM, mine will pull a wheelie letting the clutch out at idle. I think cutting the top of the plenum down 2" would help a bunch. Might need it in a car rather than a dyno to tell though.

SEMA is certainly in a warmer place, much bigger with a lot more happening and easier to get to but PRI has some great hardcore racing companies that you don't see anywhere else. Probably more than three quarters of the companies at PRI were at SEMA but they are just a small percentage of the total. Wish I could do both but December in Indianapolis is a tougher trip for me.

GTwayne

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2019, 06:15:38 PM »
It's a weird world I live in, but in picture #2, what do you suppose the old guy is talking about in the background? Doesn't look good....

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »
That's easy. He (long hair) was unhappy with the vendor's (short hair) answer that the only solution to the vibration he is having with his Harley, is to buy a Jap bike.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2019, 01:35:19 PM »
LOL, it looks like you are right!