Poll

What would be more interesting to see the results of?

7500 rpm hydraulic roller FE
49 (58.3%)
7500 rpm solid flat tappet FE build with low spring pressure and some "non-normal" parts combinations
35 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: August 14, 2018, 12:23:19 PM

Author Topic: Poll: What would you rather see R&D on?  (Read 23320 times)

FElony

Re: Poll: What would you rather see R&D on?
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2018, 11:38:48 AM »
I'd love it if this very decent thread doesn't turn into a pissing match.

I already ruined it by my sheer presence. OTOH, it would be fun to realign the new guy's attitude, since we don't have Foxwell to kick around any more. Perhaps we should have a poll...

RJP

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »
What the hell is a Bruh?

FElony

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2018, 01:02:32 PM »
What the hell is a Bruh?

It's what a millennial stoner calls his buddy when he's too whacked to remember his name.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »
Bruh, things have changed.

Really? And here I thought 60 year old passenger car engine technology was still the top rung on the ladder. I hadn't even heard of turbos until you mentioned them. Thanks for educating me, "bruh".  ::)

Always has to be a XXX around the FE forums, huh?  I would never actually use the term "bruh" in the real world, but I figured it was appropriate sarcasm for the quality of your initial comment.  If you think 2500 hp and street able is internet folklore, you're only about a decade behind.

Coreyc619, I edited your post to remove your offensive language.  Please read the rules of the forum, which state that a civil tone is required.  Thanks, Jay
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:27:11 PM by jayb »
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2018, 06:36:24 PM »
I'd love it if this very decent thread doesn't turn into a pissing match.

I already ruined it by my sheer presence. OTOH, it would be fun to realign the new guy's attitude, since we don't have Foxwell to kick around any more. Perhaps we should have a poll...

Foxwell showed up on the other forum the other day, in case anyone wants to go looking for a random argument.   Don't take my word for it though.....I'm just a puppet.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

Coreyc619

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »

You sold all your shit, so go to the back of the line, pussy.

No problem Jay.  Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:38:44 PM by Coreyc619 »

FElony

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2018, 06:45:20 PM »

Jay knows that not only can anyone call me anything they want (FEloneee, come out to playaaaay), but that Tommy -T and I go way back, at one time battling it out to be #1 a-hole of the N54 forum. It was a tight race. So me calling him a pussy is sorta like you calling your stoner millennials buddy a bruh, bruh. Matter of fact, I'd feel neglected if he didn't spear me back. 'Cuz that's how I roll.

OK, someone name the movie.

Coreyc619

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »
Really? And here I thought 60 year old passenger car engine technology was still the top rung on the ladder.

How many miles and how many passes do you now have on the 60 year old technology engine in the Mach?
Best ET?
I have a feeling that it hangs pretty well with some fairly expensive new stuff...

Well, 2 Drag Weeks and 2 FE Reunions, plus 2000+ street miles, so that'd be about 4000 miles and about 40 trips down the strip in about 2 1/2 years. My best ET so far is 12.1 here at home, but it should be in the 11's, if it had a better driver ::)  I keep wittling away at that 60' time. Still, not to shameful for a stock block, stock crank, unported heads, stock intake, factory carbs and 60 year old buggy technology.

No sir.  Absolutely was not referring to your car as a buggy, covered wagon, etc.  That's a beautiful car. My comment was just random sarcasm, engaging in what I thought was playful banter surrounding me being younger (so I must therefore also be clueless ::) ).. No disrespect intended for you personally, or your car.

Coreyc619

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »

Jay knows that not only can anyone call me anything they want (FEloneee, come out to playaaaay), but that Tommy -T and I go way back, at one time battling it out to be #1 a-hole of the N54 forum. It was a tight race. So me calling him a pussy is sorta like you calling your stoner millennials buddy a bruh, bruh. Matter of fact, I'd feel neglected if he didn't spear me back. 'Cuz that's how I roll.

That's cool.  Your posts are what made me think I could get away with being equally sarcastic and half cocked.  I laughed at several of your comments, and wasn't offended at all - If it matters.  My friends and I use similar "terms of endearment."   No worries here.

FElony

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2018, 07:05:27 PM »

...me being younger (so I must therefore also be clueless ::) )

[c.eastwood]

"Well now, I think that if you stay mindful of the above, and keep it real close-like to your heart, you might make it through this in one piece."

[/c.eastwood]

Your posts are what made me think I could get away with being equally sarcastic and half cocked.

You gotta earn that, boah, I mean, bruh. Familiarity ain't awarded just cuz you freakin' signed up to this forum. So don't blame your impetuous insolence on me, whippasnappah. Be mindful of the status quo.

FElony

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »
"FEloneee, come out to playaaaay"

Hurry up, people!

Coreyc619

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »

...me being younger (so I must therefore also be clueless ::) )

[c.eastwood]

"Well now, I think that if you stay mindful of the above, and keep it real close-like to your heart, you might make it through this in one piece."

[/c.eastwood]

Your posts are what made me think I could get away with being equally sarcastic and half cocked.

You gotta earn that, boah, I mean, bruh. Familiarity ain't awarded just cuz you freakin' signed up to this forum. So don't blame your impetuous insolence on me, whippasnappah. Be mindful of the status quo.

You know, Jay has a valid point in pursuing a maintained code of conduct.  Many a good forum have been ruined by the comments of one horses.. Rear?  Corral.net ruined by KATO ENGINEERING.  HardcoreLS1 by SStrokerAce.  Yellowbullet is immune, I think because everyone knows what they're getting into beforehand... I could go on and on... Anyway, in light of that, and the fact that from the first thread I saw on network 54 some 20+ years ago... Jay is one of several that I look up to and respect. I won't be giving him any trouble.  I enjoy this forum, in part for it not being like most of the rest. You can do what you want... As long as it doesn't include enjoying the deluded idea that you "taught that young punk a lesson" using a condescending tone that didn't go unnoticed. Come on man.  I can think of 15,426,378 reasons why I won't be adding any further clutter to Brent's thread. You see what I did there? Do you even FE bro?

FElony

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2018, 07:50:03 PM »
Do you even FE bro?

Who, me? Nah. Everybody here knows that all my stuff is a figment of my imagination, and that I know absolutely nothing about cars. "FElony" just exists as a circus sideshow for the train-wreck crowd (free of charge, I might add). Jay gets to beat me down on occasion, as needed, and we're all happy. I play with slot cars in between posts. 9H07Q5. It's a slot car.

hvywrench

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2018, 07:51:11 PM »

Hurry up, people!

The Warriors. (You need some Millers pony bottles for the whole effect)

FElony

« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »

Hurry up, people!

The Warriors. (You need some Millers pony bottles for the whole effect)

Excellent!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEbtiruH2Q