Author Topic: Caught a Bug Last Night Sort of  (Read 6933 times)

Thumperbird

• View Profile
Re: Caught a Bug Last Night Sort of
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 12:11:10 PM »
Lots of room in the trunk for batteries!

Correct, unibody.
Lines are new 3/8" od stainless back to front, hopefully a free flowing filter near the tank.
Air filters are 2.5" tall and 8" or less diameter.
Autometer gauge shows 6.5 cold and around 4 hot, stable in the short term, drift is a sender heating problem I think.  Mechanical gauge stays rock solid at 6 under the hood, not monitored during acceleration.

By the way, the "kid" in the red SRT with street slicks was at least 65, I like to roll my own, not really worried about all of this but at the same time I don't believe in participation medals.

Those things hook up well, I need to launch much harder.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:14:20 PM by Thumperbird »

Machspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 12:20:35 PM »
As others have said, gears will definitely help. Depending your experience with nitrous, you may want to look at getting a window switch. It will allow your nitrous to only come on in a certain RPM "window". (ex: 3,000-7,000) I'm assuming you have a WOT switch(usually comes with the kit) but once you use the 100hp set up you're going to want more and the window switch will add a little insurance.

Here's an example:
https://www.msdperformance.com/products/rpm_and_timing_controls/rpm_controls/parts/8956

There are several others out there including digital ones which do not require RPM chips.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:22:27 PM by Machspeed »

winr1

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »
What brand are the various  carb adapters if I may ask ??

Nice lookin mill :-)

Ahhh, went back an read  ( 1.5" tall custom offset carb spacers to fit the Holley's on the Edelbrock, NOS included
1" 4 hole spacers above that )

Can one buy the offset adapters ??

Ricky.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:52:07 PM by winr1 »

Thumperbird

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2018, 07:48:14 PM »
Ricky,
I made the adaptors myself, Edelbrock spray flange on top and moroso flange on the bottom.
In between, 5/16" thick aluminum bar stock fabricated using table saw and chop saw.
I have a set of prints I can post if you want, no guarantees, took 4 hours, mostly all the tapping by hand.
I must have typed wrong, 2" tall, 1" of flanges and 1" of custom spacer bar stock.
If you have access to a mill, much faster and better looking results could be had for cheap.

Thanks.

winr1

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »
Thanks much Thumperbird !!

Ricky.