Author Topic: Genesis Block Failure  (Read 3776 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: Genesis Block Failure
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2021, 09:00:27 AM »
Wow, that looks more like a blown nitro engine damaged from a missed tune up. Mere a fraction of a second I guess from blowing the entire crank and pan right off the car.

Seems like severe denotation but if so, then the pistons would show maybe collapsed top ring lands and other issues. Odd that the pistons, rings, rods didn't show some extreme stress. If not, bet the cracks started slowly and only over time widened to what is depicted. Ouch, indeed! 
Bob Maag

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2021, 09:13:45 AM »
KMcCullah,  This is a Kryptonite billet 4.125 with center counter weights and GRP 6.8 Rods. Bob weight was in the 1900’s. I’m glad you haven’t had any issues. But it would make me a little nervous. Upgrading to steel caps is probably a good idea if it gets raced much. Sweet trucks by the way

You didn't skimp on the rotating assembly. Hopefully the crank checks out. Adding the tapped holes to the center of the already weak gray iron cap was probably a factor in the pudding. Oh the pics look painful. Lol
Kevin McCullah

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2021, 11:19:26 AM »
You will probably want to have your crank carefully checked. Worst case scenario, if you hadn't had a billet piece you may have driven over most of your engine on the track. Good luck in the future.

SJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2021, 03:53:18 PM »
Billet caps crack to
SS /D

66FAIRLANE

• Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2021, 06:29:21 PM »
Wow! Lucky you put it on the trailer!  :o

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2021, 07:37:58 PM »
What are the threaded holes in the cap for. In my mind it seems like a accident waiting to happen. Do the billet caps also have the threaded holes.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2021, 09:29:15 PM »
What are the threaded holes in the cap for. In my mind it seems like a accident waiting to happen. Do the billet caps also have the threaded holes.

They are for putting a slidehammer in and jank the sadles out of the block

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Gregwill16

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2021, 06:35:32 AM »

They are for putting a slidehammer in and jank the sadles out of the block

It appears at 800+ hp, the slide hammer may not be necessary...

Henrysnephew

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2021, 08:40:56 AM »
I have never seen a block that badly damaged yet still intact - amazing.  Randy M