Author Topic: Just a bad way to end the year  (Read 6250 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Re: Just a bad way to end the year
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 08:59:27 AM »
No, I was 42 when I found Rikki. I'm 59 now.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 10:51:13 AM »
Moose and Chance wish you guys a better New Year!

You gave your buddy a better life and like all of us, when it's time to go, it's time

Moose in the picture is younger and has had a good life the whole time, but we found Chance at the shelter.  He was returned twice, en-route to being put down.  Completely gentle, terrified of life, many mishealed broken bones from abuse, no teeth. It took a year for him to trust us and stop messing inside the house when he saw us, and another year to where he would wander the house without much fear.  Now he is finally showing that he understands he has a home and shows a lot of love in his own ways.

So sorry for your loss, but remember, you gave him a good life and I am confident that is how he felt in your family.

---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
i lost my little bulldog bruce in October,he loved chasing lights,you could run him for hours with a lazer.he also had a bad habit of chasing cars,but he was always careful.one day a car drove by with spinner hubcaps and bruse got a run and go and ran right into the spinner wheel,which killed him instantly.i have since found a little taco bell dog,molly.we have became so attached she sleeps under the cover leaned up against me every nite
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss, Alan. Indeed a crappy way to end the year. 
Take some time to grieve and reflect. And when it's time, a new one will find you. I agree, for all intents and purposes, our pets are our kids. I always thought that "empty nest" thing was bs until they all left.

I had to put Carl down the day after my birthday this year. He wasn't  quite 6. He had cancer in his right rear leg. I guess it's common in big dogs the vet said. He was found in the parking lot at Walmart when he was around 4 mo old. We sure miss him.

Kevin McCullah

57 lima bean

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 04:11:25 PM »
Sorry to hear Alan.Tough to do.Hoping for a New Year that brings happiness.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
Like a Boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cjeirb2dEY
I had a Finnish spitz just like that. They are afraid of nothing

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

ntheogen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »
My condolences to all who recently lost their furry friends. I've always had the motto, I like dogs much more than most people I encounter. Just great companions.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »
Thinking about ya tonight Alan. Hope you have a great new year and get your mustang out there kickin' butt this year.
Also hope when you're ready you find a new pooch.
All my best.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon