Author Topic: helium in the trunk?  (Read 5524 times)

rcodecj

• View Profile
helium in the trunk?
« on: November 20, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »
I could not stop laughing.
I don't agree with the people who post their mean comments on there, but man when they show that rear view, I just crack up.
How long must the brake line be from the body to the rear axle housing?  ;D
To each his own though, a couple of young guys and their interpretation of a hod rod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMBB_uj5iM

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
Re: helium in the trunk?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:13:30 PM »
Looking very 70's retro.  :P
At least he had enough juice to get the big meats spinning.
Was looking touch and go there at the start. LOL

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »
It is a rite of passage of sorts.... a requirement really to do openly retarded things to vehicles at a young age.

As long as you have gotten past all this by age 26-27 you are forgiven, heck I actually expect it.  I cannot however condone a 40 year old man:
1. ruining a perfectly good classic car
2. driving a truck that has Calvin sticker (of calvin and hobbes) pissing on a liberal
3. driving a Chevy Camaro and not having a mustache and/or mullet of at least 6inches in length.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
That video was pretty funny, until I remembered that the first thing I ever bought for my 67 Mustang, in 1976 when I was a high school senior, was air shocks.  Got those even before the big tires, and ran around all jacked up with the F70-14s on the back.  Bet there was 9" between the top of the tire and the fenderlip  :-[
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Joe M

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 03:22:33 PM »
I dunno, that thing sounded sort of sick.  You're right Jay, everyone interprets a "hot rod" differently.  I had a young kid come up to me at one of the shops I worked at, claiming he had a "9 second Olds Cutlass".  Hey, it's possible!  Until the kid shows up with a 76 350 4 door Cutlass with open exhaust manifolds and SNOW TIRES for crying out loud!  I asked how he determined it was a 9 second ride and it was, "My buddy timed it with the second hand on his Timex!"
Hey, they are good for laughs anyway!

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 06:59:03 PM »
It is a rite of passage of sorts.... a requirement really to do openly retarded things to vehicles at a young age.

As long as you have gotten past all this by age 26-27 you are forgiven, heck I actually expect it.  I cannot however condone a 40 year old man:
1. ruining a perfectly good classic car
2. driving a truck that has Calvin sticker (of calvin and hobbes) pissing on a liberal
3. driving a Chevy Camaro and not having a mustache and/or mullet of at least 6inches in length.

Virtually all right-thinking people need a 'Calvin' sticker giving a 'thumb-to-nose' toward liberals. ;D

KS

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »
dammit Cammer.... get back in your truck:

and get you... and your calvin sticker, back to florida!!!!

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
Hey Drew---

That's not me! My truck is blue and my hair hasn't been either that short or that long for about a zillion years!

KS

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »
Hah! Camaro drivers with a mullet! Hilarious.

Saw lots of jacked up cars but here's a different twist. Here in Chicago and the 'burbs there were lots of Corvettes with wide, add-on fender flares (mainly on the rears but often at all 4 corners)  to cover the much wider than stock 9"-10"-11" aftermarket wheels and wide-assed M/T tires. Well, after the first owner dumped the car due to pricey payments, these 'Vettes often lost the pricey wide tires and/or wheels due to flats or outright wheel/tire theft.

Anyway, you never saw a sadder looking 'Vette, often with a big $$$ custom metalflake paint job, now running super narrow E-70 or F-70 something tires on 14" OEM rims inside these now huge wheelwells!

Yeah, and they had mullets as well.....LMAO!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:16:07 PM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »
Yea, I had the jacked up look too, everybody did in the 70's. Those kids just got a little bit carried away. :o
Back in the day, my brother had a 66 4 door polara, and got stopped by a cop, who actually did ask him if he had helium in the trunk.
There was a limit on bumper height, and also how far out the tires stuck out of the wheel wells.
That was something you saw a lot of too, was the wide N50/15's sticking out 1 or 2 inches out of the wheel wells. Good times!  8)
If I remember right, an N50-15 on a 10" Crager SS steel rim weighed 50 lbs!  :o