Author Topic: Two guys walked through our neighborhood last night at 03:00....  (Read 4962 times)

gregaba

• View Profile
Re: Two guys walked through our neighborhood last night at 03:00....
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »
pbf777
Really sorry to hear how bad your judical system is where you live.
Here we have concelled carry and open carry, we also have the castle doctrin law.
If some one comes on to your property your have the right to defend yourself and your property.
If someone shows hostile action or threatens you in any way you have the right to use deadly force.
There are storys in the news every week of some one defending their life or property and the DA's in Oklahoma will not bring charges againest the home or business owner.
We still have the ambulance chasers who claim you have no right to defend yourself but they can't go anywhere with their opinions here.
It still doesn't seem to matter to the meth heads as they are so messed in the brain it just doesn't matter to them so a lot are gotton rid of every year.
If they do survive then they get to spend some time in the state pen.
Greg

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 04:59:03 PM »
Unfortunately things are getting worse in a hurry. I just finished watching a bunch of videos from various Walgreens stores in the San Francisco area. Theirve walk in while the store is open with huge empty bags and raid the shelves and walk out with the bags full. The security can only watch.

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2021, 05:38:25 PM »
I don’t understand where folks think this is acceptable behavior, or where they ultimately think things will eventually wind up.
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2021, 09:05:17 PM »
Does your truck not have an alarm system where you can double click on the lock, and it sets an alarm?  I don't see how they could open the door without setting the alarm off.  Just a question.  This seems to be becoming a world wide issue, not just a USA issue.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2021, 10:27:25 PM »
Suggestions as to what to do to respond physically should not be mentioned in public because it might be used against you, so I'll keep my own counsel. On the other hand, many years ago I had a group of kids who thought it funny to throw snowballs at my picture window and then run. About the third time it happened, they broke the window. I went out the back door and over the fence and ran one of them down after a bit of hustle. I told him that he and I were now partners. His part of the partnership was to see that my house would, from that moment on, not be bothered, and I'd let him go this one time. But if anything happened, I'd not report him to his parents or the police---I'd pick my time and put him in the hospital. And I'd have a whole host of my friends who'd swear that I was in their company and twenty miles away at the time it happened.

Some variation of this approach might be a solution to what is reported above.

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2021, 09:17:59 AM »
I still vote for the very grateful, very protective pound puppy

mike7570

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2021, 11:03:56 AM »
I still vote for the very grateful, very protective pound puppy

Yes, BIG pound puppy.

oldiron.fe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2021, 01:02:01 PM »
                                                                                                                                                              rumors in my neighborhood lot of cheap used single shot 12 ga and buckshot in out buldings(everyone) loaded guns in most rooms in houses several days a week you can hear practice at early evening - neighbors watchful -security systems-old vets say life in prison doesnt mean much -so old car guys here no  problems  -will aid keeping same rumors alive !!  support the 2nd amendment when you can !!
66' Fairlanes 427 (08/26/67- present)
66/67' Fairlanes
70' Mustang Fastback
66' Dually

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2021, 10:09:07 PM »
Working where "rogue groups" have tended to go out and buy "Sams Club' video security systems, I'd say unless the cams are at least 1080P they will not do you much good.  We've had a lot of lossage captured on consumer quality systems that resulted in useless video of like a male subject carrying off a nice 60" TV.  So evaluate any system carefully.  We bought Ring and have other individual cams.  We bought an 8 cam system from Sams and I returned it quickly as the interface sucked huge.  As far as work, most of our stuff now is high end, networked type cams with massive amounts of cloud storage.  Still, unless the fool walks right up to the cam and looks at it, most of your video can be "well, I think it was a girl because of the hair" LOL.  And for the Ring, it may capture the event - and it may not.  We had a "police action" in the neighborhood and they all walked right by the house and the door cam and marched the perp back to the cars the same way.  Of about 5 minutes of street action, the cam captured maybe 30 seconds of video.  We knew within a few days of when someone backed into our brick mailbox and chipped the brick - nope, nothing on the Ring.  But we could see every mail delivery and the trash pickup.  It easy captures everything coming and going at the end of the driveway.  So don't assume you catch everything as you don't know what you don't record.

driveamerican

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2021, 08:02:32 AM »
The way the world is at the moment backhoe or community backhoe seem to be in great need jmho.

cobracammer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2021, 09:15:37 AM »
Catch a big rattlesnake .....  each night- smack it around a bit to get it nice and pissed off.- dump on the front seat of the truck and close the door....  Problem solved  :)
Jason
2005 Saleen S281 (427 SOHC 2 X 4 EFI swap), T56 Magnum XL 6 speed, 9" Currie rear with 3.89 Gears

wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2021, 04:43:37 AM »
All you with trailers  paint your name and number on the roof its a good way to get it back.Some times small airplanes can spot it in lot or on the road.Just go to your local airport and ask

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2021, 01:42:36 PM »
My recent stories;
Wife and I went on a long weekend vacation to the Denver area a few weeks back to visit her relatives and just get out of town for a while.
Last night we were staying at a very nice motel in a ritzy small town up in the mountains on the eastern slope.
We got out things loaded up and put our bags in my truck, then we decided to just grab some lunch at the hotels bar/restaurant.
What I don’t know, is if I locked the truck, I’m 90% sure I did, it’s just a habit.
Anyway when we got in the truck to leave, something that was normally stored in my center console was in the passengers seat, I thought that odd but figured I must have taken it out. Anyway, we get all the way home before I realize out luggage is gone.
Stole our luggage ! F-ing bastards. Luckily most of it could be replaced, probly $1500-$2000 worth of stuff, mostly clothes, iPad and a few other things.

But that pales in comparison to what happened to my brother a few weeks prior.
He “had” a really nice 4 door long bed GMC 3/4 ton truck, diesel 4wd, High Country edition, think it was a 2019. Really nice truck, and he was super proud of it.
Unlike me, he had all kinds of goodies inside, $1500 Swarovski binoculars, about $1600 cash, a Kimber .45 pistol, brand new iPad Pro… lots of stuff, can’t remember all of it, the truck was his office.

Well you’ve guessed what happened, thieves stole it.
Well, he call the police, and they were able to see where it was from the on-star. So they headed out after it, out in the dessert. Well the guys saw the cop car coming down the road and promptly turned off the road. Guess the police are not allowed to give chance off road in the dessert, so they just turned around and went back to town.

So my brother got pro active, he did a search for his iPad, ended up he went out and found his truck, stuck in a wash, the thieves tried to drive through, but the truck was so long it got hung up on the front bumper and the trailer hitch other than a bent up front bumper the truck looked to be in pretty good shape. But the a$$holes had tore the dash all apart and ripped the mirror off trying to disable the on star.

Well, between my brothers iPad, and his banker helping out, they ( my brother, his girlfriend and his banker )were able to do all the footwork within a day and led the police to 3 of the 4 “complete waists of skin “ involved, and the police were able to get the 4th guy soon after.
Evidently it was a crime ring that the police had been terrorizing the town for some time.
There was a recent arrest of a pawn shop owner as well, not sure if he was involved, but he was arrested for peddling stolen property, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Anyway, he was able to recover some of his property, the cash was long gone, but he did get some of his stuff back. Of course, getting another truck now in post Covid apocalypse is impossible. But another bit of good news, since his truck was a special order ( 4 door long bed ) the insurance company actually ponied up a very nice settlement. Won’t buy a new truck but covers a lot of what a new one would cost.

Think it’s time to bring back some old school punishments for such things…..

Joe

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2021, 02:32:29 PM »
I am in the minority and my friends think I am a nut case but I believe after the third felony the lowlife should be executed with in 30 days. No new trial etc.
If they havn't quit after 2 felonys they arn't going to so get rid of them.
Greg

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
I am in the minority and my friends think I am a nut case but I believe after the third felony the lowlife should be executed with in 30 days. No new trial etc.
If they havn't quit after 2 felonys they arn't going to so get rid of them.
Greg
Any menace to society does not deserve to be part of society and should not be a burden on society.
I'm with you, you are not alone on this by a long shot.
Woody