Author Topic: 428 with 25 yo MSD ignition intermittent starting  (Read 6562 times)

428Marauder

• View Profile
Re: 428 with 25 yo MSD ignition intermittent starting
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 05:03:12 AM »
Carb technology has come a long way, in 50 years. Now for an obscure movie reference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l8q2ejKAsHg

"Carburetors man ... that's what life is all about."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:07:09 AM by 428Marauder »

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »
It has been some years since I bought an MSD box, but as I remember, there was always a little bag of wiring ends etc that came in the box with the box. One part of the instructions was a way to take one of the small wires in the box and jump around the MSD installation. One afternoon I was taking my infant daughter to the baby sitter---every time we got in my hot-rodded E-150 van she'd say, "Beach Boys, Dad" to remind me to put in a cassette---and in the rain the MSD conked out one more time. I had a spare with me and did a replacement. But when I got back home and looked at the pile of 'dead' MSD boxes piled up on the end of my workbench, I went out and bought a Mallory equivalent. It's still installed. My daughter and her husband just got back from three weeks in Europe. She's 35 years old.

KS

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 12:24:42 PM »
Ha! Cassettes! LMAO!

I still have the OEM Ford am/fm cassette player in my one owner 1988 5.0 fastback Mustang. I was contemplating buying a slide-in am/fm CD player to replace it but as the rest of the car is 100% OEM, save the Flowmasters, I decided not to. It is fun to stick in an old rock cassette but it'sd not easy to FF to the next song like a CD, eh?
Bob Maag

seagravedriver

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 07:41:15 PM »
Hey all. It has been some time, but got the MSD back, got some things worked out with other projects, and now not even a spark. #1 has nothing. Checking ohms, and learning........too  many projects. crap.